You will be responsible for leading the Databases & PeopleSoft environment at AKU. The environment comprises of Oracle & MS SQL DB, PeopleSoft modules and BI services.
- Lead and manage performance monitoring / optimization, trouble shooting, backup / recovery, security management etc.
- Planning & implementing the strategic roadmap; ensures proactive measures for resource redundancy, timely upgrades on end of software support.
- Communicate with Vendors on matters related to customer support, product evaluation, and Licenses.
- Coordinate with the business domains to identify their needs and improvement areas and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Plans the budgets for upgrades, hardware replacement, licensing.
- Identify, arrange and participate in solution demos, help the customers in decision-making processes and in understanding technical limitations.
- Identify and organize evaluations of third-party software solutions for improving level of services.
- Imparts and commits to ongoing training and development of staff to enhance their technical capacity within the department through various trainings and on-the-job teachings.
- Recommend strategies to users and ensure consistency of solution and promote a high level of output both functionally and creatively for these customers’ work within the set parameters.
- Review current processes and systems for further improvements. Implement design related innovative ideas in order to achieve cost reductions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study. Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in a relevant job including 5 years at a leadership level.
- Has done hands-on DR implementation, DB & ERP upgrade projects, can handle compliance and audit needs for DB & ERP.
- Excellent analytical, design and organizational skills, with strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Expected to independently take decisions for improving operational activities.
- Conducts ongoing risk analysis, looking ahead for contingent liabilities and opportunities and astutely identifying the risks involved and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to deliver effectively under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.