The key accountabilities of the incumbent are as follow:
- Oracle Database Administration in a production environment on Linux/Unix platform
- Linux/Unix Scripting as per requirement for Oracle Server
- Maintaining backup of databases; planning and implementing recovery strategy
- Oracle Backup and Recovery (RMAN)
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Generating various reports by querying from database as needed.
- Knowledge of Database Administration generally accepted best practices;
- Flexible and responsive with a client-oriented approach;
- Effective problem-solver; demonstrated capacity-building and facilitation skills;
- Ability to train others;
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- A certification in Oracle and/or Linux administration will be preferred.
At least 4-6 years of experience is required.
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent growth opportunities and direct interaction with international clients along with a challenging work environment
- A friendly work environment where everyone is provided equal and fair opportunity