The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for the coordination of technical and information systems in the organization. He will direct staff, determine necessary technology advances and educate employees on the use of software and hardware used in the organization's day-to-day operations. The Support Manager position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science as well as several years’ job experience in information technology. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with a technology-related emphasis will be preferred. Optional certifications specific to software and systems or in business management will also be considered/preferred.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, MBA with technology-related emphasis preferred
Several years of job experience in information technology
Available for a host of software and systems as well as in business management
Tech Support manager will work with other management staff to determine and implement specific technical needs and priorities of the organization. Oversee the information technology (IT) department. The Tech support manager will also be responsible for maintaining a dynamic knowledge based of technical solutions to ensure that the organization's IT infrastructure is as efficient and productive as possible.
- · Supervise the maintenance and security of technical services and information within the organization
- · Ensure adequate training and abilities of IT employees.
- · Execute projects & handle various IT operations.
- · Initiate / Coordinate IT projects
- · Implement new software and technologies
- · Train subordinate and management staff
- · Provide guidance for problems and questions
- · Participate in business meetings
Educational and Skill Requirements
- · Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar field for support management roles.
- · Graduate of an MBA program with IT studies, extensive business and management training, as well as technical proficiencies in networking, communications and business systems will be preferred
- · Familiarity or expertise with specific software or technical resources.
- · Professional certifications in IT and business management.
- · Relevant experience in technology or management fields.
- · Experience leading and developing a support team in a managed service environment
- · Previous experience in an Internet Service Provider or Managed Service business
- · Able to juggle priorities to meet deadlines without cutting corners
- · Follow up on and take responsibility for unresolved issues or escalations
- · Experience of driving change initiatives in a service environment
- · Technical understanding of Networking and Hosting technologies and solutions
- · Experience of working with Cisco MPLS networks
- · An understanding of TCP/IP
- · Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- · Able to work on own initiative to develop the team
- · CCNA qualification is an advantage