Facilitate Office/Departmental Communication and Coordination
- Performing activities relating to communication and coordination (within the department and externally), including typing various documents, such as emails, announcements, minutes, reports, etc.
- Providing support in streamlining processes for the area/department
- Providing support in arranging/coordinating seminars, lectures, sessions, etc. (including arranging for relevant marketing materials, photocopies, etc)
- Assisting in planning and coordinating various activities at the departmental and/or school level
- Arranging local and international travel and stay for faculty who attend conferences, seminars, training courses, etc. Coordination with research committee to get approval.
- Coordinate with HR for recruitment of faculty, TA and RA.
Play a Customer Service Role
- Providing relevant information to and interact with the students (and parents if required)
- Attending to, and following up on student queries/complaints/requests
- Escalating issues to appropriate faculty member if required; document issues via an email to supervisor
- Dealing with enquiries regarding the school and its various programs and activities.
Performing critical record-keeping activities, such as
- Maintaining department-specific files in an organized manner/system
- Keeping record of different committees such as Disciplinary Appeal Committee, Sabbatical and Leave Policy committee, Research Committee, Value and Ethics Committee, Marketing and placement committee etc. Coordination with these committees regarding arrangement of meeting, timely delivery of decisions taken by V & E etc.
- Generating various reports as and when requested
- Assisting in various recruitment activities for the department, short listing of candidates, interview arrangements etc.
- Assisting faculty members in collection of material for their research projects.
- Assisting faculty members in finalizing course outlines, and course package, search and assembling of reading material from Harvard, library, JSTOR etc.
- Taking class participation notes during classes.