The primary function of the Grocery Buyer is to make streamline the entire product ranges for all categories i.e. Basic commodities, drinks, beverages, confectionary, detergent, toiletries, and frozen food etc. He will be participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions and assists the Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays.
Major Responsibilities Includes:
- Managing plans for stock levels, Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract.
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- Analyze using available reports and data to make purchasing and product mix decisions to maximize sales and profit and minimize out of stocks.
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding margin, sales, and shrink targets.
- Maintain accurate purchase journals and process invoices and credits.
- Process invoices and returns.
- Maintain clean and organized coolers, freezers and back stock areas.
- Promotional activities, forecasting sales levels, liaising with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand
- Make informed decisions about merchandising while following Regional guidelines for required displays.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Regional & Central Grocery Teams
- Recognition of inferior products and the ability to return with vendor.